The day started off just like every day....fun time in the jammas.
Then it was time to open presents. The kids got so many wonderful toys, clothes, and cards (the cards are their favorite - random!). Our family is so good to us.
We also celebrated Bop Bop's 80th birthday. My mother made him a cheesecake, which is his favorite dessert. It was so special to all of us to get to celebrate two milestone birthdays together. He is a wonderful great-grandfather to Olivia and Carter.
I rarely let the twins have sweets, however their inexperience with cake and icing didn't slow them down. They loved it. About an hour later they woke up from their afternoon nap in horrible moods. I think the sugar gave them tummy aches. Oh well....it's the price you pay for indulging in a sweet treat.
Later that evening we packed up and drove back to Mississippi. I took these pics shortly after we got on the road. Carter is always lulled to sleep quickly in the car, but not my sweet Olivia. She watched the road for a while before she fell asleep.
Loved seeing them this weekend!
ReplyDelete