Olivia's nails are too long. She has several scratches on her face and some on her shoulder. While she eats, she tries to cling to her face. The lactation consultant says that is part of the "organizing instinct", meaning that in order for the baby to focus on eating, she needs to organize her hands and occupy them with something. To keep her from trying to cling to her face, I try to get her to hold on to my finger (which is tough when nursing two babies at once!) or I get her to grip my bra strap. However, the real solution was cutting and filing the nails.
Grandmommie and Pops got here at about 9:00 this morning and Grandmommie held her while I did her nails. I had WAY too much anxiety over this little task. I really did not want to hurt my little girl with the nail clippers. Fortunately I used some baby clippers and it worked out great. She was completely unphased by the clipping and filing.
P.S. I also manicured Carter's nails, but Forrest says that's not very manly so he's not the subject of this blog.
While my folks were here my mother made pound cakes for us (yum!) and also muffalettas for lunch. She made a pot of chili for us tomorrow night and also made extra for us to freeze. We are so lucky to have her!
Pops also contributed. He did an excellent job holding babies, and he also made a trip to Target with me to return something and to buy the groceries that Grandmommie needed to make us all that food.
After lunch I took a wonderful nap. I love naps!
Tonight is a BIG NIGHT. It's date night! Forrest's mother is coming over and we're going to go out to dinner. I'm so excited! I think we'll go to Pappasitos, which is our favorite place. Out on the town!

No comments:
Post a Comment