Monday, October 10, 2011

Day after the delivery

Monday was such a blur for me.  I was well medicated so I didn't feel much pain at all that day, which prompted me to be WAY too active for my own good (which I paid for on Monday night and Tuesday morning).

I started pumping at 7:00am Monday and I've been doing that every 3 hours since.  It doesn't really bother me to have to do it in the middle of the night.  I have been taking a nap every day which really helps me stay rested. The rest of Monday I spent hanging out with Forrest, Ellen, Christine, and Aunt Sue in my hospital room.  We went to the NICU a couple of times to see the babies, which was nice.  I also had all sorts of hospital type duties that I had to attend to.  Lots of hospital personnel to see and paperwork to fill out. 

My folks came by in the afternoon when it was time for me to check out (I didn't have to stay the requisite two nights since the babies weren't coming home with me).  We all went to the NICU for one last visit then went home to meet Liah for dinner (Church's chicken).  Also, Liah helped me use the breast pump that she had loaned me (Thanks so much!!).  The plan then was to take Liah to the NICU to see the babies.  I was exhausted but she had driven all the way out here just to see them, so out we went.  I of course was rewarded with more precious time with Carter and Olivia.

After I got home that night I crashed and began my first night of feedings every three hours.  I guess I have at least 3 months of this ahead of me, but for now I'm not complaining (stay tuned in a week or two, ha!).

Carter:



Olivia:


Carter:





Olivia:







Carter:


No comments:

Post a Comment