Last night I had the 3:00am shift, which I had earlier thought I would refer to as "The 3:00am shift....ugh", but I have recently been thinking of it as "The 3:00am shift!!". I know that's not very creative, but it's such a precious hour of my day and I now treasure it instead of want to rush through it.
The babies are pretty good at this feeding. They normally eat well and then go right to sleep. Last night was no exception (or so I thought). I put them both down in their bassinet after they ate and they immediately fell asleep. Their heads both turned in toward each other and they layed their forehead to forehead. My heart was filled with joy and I couldn't help but think of how much of a blessing that moment was.
Then, Olivia spit up all over herself and Carter. The irony of it made me laugh out loud. I then got them both up, changed their clothes, their swaddling blankets, and the bassinet sheet, then put them back down. I smartly turned Olivia's face away from Carter and watched them another couple minutes. Then she spit up again, so I had to change her clothes and blanket all over again. Since I was officially out of sheets, I just put a burp cloth over the wet area and laid her back down.
I ended up getting back to bed at 4:30am...smile still on my face and heart still filled with joy.
And today, we do laundry!
No comments:
Post a Comment