Friday, October 14, 2011

Babies Day 6

Today was another great day at the NICU.  I fed both babies at the same time!  I used the footall hold, which I've heard a lot of people don't like, but it seemed to work well for Carter and Olivia.

Olivia is such a motivated eater.  Carter however can't seem to focus on anything for very long.  He just likes to look around at his surroundings.  He still fed well, but he just had to be reminded a few times what he was doing.  They were both ready to eat when we arrived, which really helped the cause.  It was so nice to have success in nursing both of them at once. 

Last night was also a nice night in the NICU, as I fed both babies individually.  When we arrived they were both crying, so I was nervous about getting them both fed in a timely manner.  However, they instructed me to feed Carter first since woke up first (fair is fair!) and Forrest held and calmed Olivia while she waited. 

Forrest is so good with the babies.  They are totally smitten with him, as he is with them.  It's wonderful to see him as a father.  Carter and Olivia are incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment