Sunday, March 24, 2013

Palm Sunday

This wasn't the twins' first Palm Sunday, but it was the first one that they could be active participants in.  I have looked forward to this for a very long time.  I loved waving the palm branches in the "parade" through the sanctuary at the beginning of Palm Sunday service as a kid.  Since I had to retire my palm branch, I have always enjoyed watching the kids. Some wave theirs with spirit and pizazz while others just drag the palm behind them as they timidly scuttle through the parade.  Regardless, it's adorable and I think it starts off a celebratory day with extra joy.

I was eagerly anticipating the parade, but unfortunately our church decided to can the procession this year.  Needless to say, I was disappointed.  In fact, I was pretty unreasonable angry, but what was I to do?  Thank goodness I kept the hissy fit on the inside.

Instead of the parade, they had a children's sermon at the beginning of the service.  AFter a short lesson on Palm Sunday, each child was given a palm and was told to stand up and wave their palms while the Praise Band sang "Sing Sing Sing".  This experience made up for the disappointment of the parade.  The kids loved it!  I wish I had gotten better pictures.  Mostly I wish I had taken a video.  Olivia danced like I've never seen her dance before. 









2 comments:

  1. I just realized how light Carter's hair actually is! Very cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Definitely looked like a good day.

    ReplyDelete