Parents are always wanting to commemorate and remember "firsts". I'm not sure if this one is worth remembering, but it was so much fun that I'm going to celebrate it as a momentous "first." Yesterday we tried rice cereal. Actually, we very briefly tried it at the lake house this weekend, but it was the wrong setting and we threw in the towel prematurely, so I'm not counting that as the first. Yesterday was definitely the first that I want to remember.
Carter does not like the rice cereal. I mixed it with breastmilk and tasted a bit of it to see if it was vile (I know, me tasting my own breastmilk is vile, but I did it for the kids!). It tasted good - nice and sweet. Despite the sweetness, Carter just didn't want it. Olivia was a much better sport about it all. She actually ate a good bit of it. We repeated the experience tonight and they both did better. See pics of our "first" try.





Sweet O looks like her mama in the second pic. Heehee
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you tasted it with your breastmilk ;-) You just need to listen to your sister. It's horrible. I took Liah's advice and mixed apples in...much better. It's still a fav to this day.
ReplyDelete