Carter is a man after my own heart. He and I share a bond that is hard for me to put into words. He clings to me and hugs me and his face lights up when he sees me. Perhaps it's because I nurse him, but I just feel like he and I get each other.
He's a pretty easy baby. He's calm most of the time and a great sleeper. He doesn't nap as well as Olivia does, but he can night sleep with the best of them. He also falls right asleep when put in his crib.
He talks some too, just like Olivia. What he does best though is laugh....his belly laughs make me belly laugh too. That kind of fun is good for the heart and soul!
Carter eats like a champ. He consistently eats about 5 ounces, but at night he can take down as much as 8 ounces in a feeding, probably to fuel that good night sleep.
He's also quite the wiggler. When laid on his back, he will pull his legs up and roll to his side. He also kicks his legs fiercely. I think he'll be athletic.
Carter's challenge is that he is not very regular in the bowel movement department. He only poops about once every 3 days, which to me is just not enough. We give him 3 ounces of apple juice every morning, which he likes and that seems to help him out. Every day when I pick him up from school, I immediately ask if he pooped that day, as I'm always hopeful that he found some relief. Sheesh, the things mothers worry about!
Carter was born with more hair than Olivia. Lately it has grown in much thicker and the top is getting longer. I love love love his head of hair! I love to put my cheek against his head and feel it on my face. He doesn't mind either as he seems to like closeness with me more than Olivia does.
He loves to use his hands to grab at just about anything he can. He especially likes to hold on to my hair. When there's nothing to grab, he's crammed his fist into his mouth. It seems obvious that he's teething by the amount of drool that spills out onto his shirt all day. I guess the fist in the mouth provides some relief to his gums.
Carter is such a strong little guy! I can't believe all the stuff he's doing - so alert and charming as ever!
ReplyDelete