The ladies who work the day care we attend are so good to my babies. They all talk about how wonderful Olivia and CArter are and how they are the best babies in the infant room. I'm sure they say this to all moms, but I appreciate the effort to make us feel special. I know they are in good hands.
There was a woman, A, who was recently hired at day care and she worked in the infant room. The first day on the job, she complained about Carter and Olivia when I picked them up. She said that they both took forever to feed, that she doesn't think they like my breastmilk and suggested that I switch to formula, and told me that she gets frustrated with Olivia when she fusses. I was pretty taken aback by her. I don't expect every day care worker to love my kids like I do. However, it was just kind of alarming to see how much she seemed to dislike them. I told Forrest and he said I should tell Rebecca or Annie, the managers of the day care. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be a pain in the butt, and it's not like my kids were at risk (at least I didn't perceive that they were).
I haven't seen A at all this week so I asked about her. In Rebecca's words..."A had to go." According to Rebecca, A was lazy, didn't like to interact with the babies, and she complained to some of the parents about their kids.
I hate for someone to lose her job. A is 15 weeks pregnant with her first child and she told me that she and her fiance were having money problems. So, I empathize with her. However, I'm so glad she's not taking care of my babies any more. I need to be more proactive with expressing personnel concerns with the day care management. I don't have beef with any other ladies, so there's no current issue, but these are my kids we're talking about and I think it's worth having a backbone to get my kids what they need. There's a difference between being assertive and being a helicopter parent, right?
I understand how you feel. It can be really disconcerting when something happens that makes you question your child's care, or even when something just changes, period (which is more of what I've been through). You just have to trust your mama instinct!!
ReplyDeleteYep! Gotta speak up for those sweet babies that can't speak for themselves...yet! :-)
ReplyDelete