Each year Parkway Heights UMC hosts a Splash Day for the preschool kids. When I hear "preschool aged" I think of 4 year olds, but in this case it actually means "kids younger than kindergarten." So, we participated and had a wonderful time.
It was an overcast day but still warm enough to swim. Since we got there early to help set up, the kiddos just played with some of the beach toys before the swimming festivities began.
I love this next series of pictures. Carter just crawled over to the pool and got in without any help. He actually did this a few minutes before as well...fully clothed! So, I changed him into his swim diaper and swimmie and then let him crawl back into the pool. I was armed with my camera this time.
More pics of Carter swimming. He hung out with Caroline who tolerates his presence in the pool better than Olivia does (which is why she is in a different pool, as you'll see in subsequent pictures).
Olivia swimming:
Snack time (goldfish and cheddar cubes):
This is my girlfriend Jennifer and her son Cameron who is just one month older than the twins. She's such a good friend to me and does a great job running the nursery program at PHUMC.
This is Caroline's grandmother. Carter wanted to go to her so she took him on her lap, wet shorts and all.
Olivia started winding down by this point so we figured it was time to go home and get ready for nap time.
Great pics! The kids are looking so much older these days.
ReplyDelete