Friday, August 31, 2012

32nd Birthday

I know I know I know....this blog isn't about me.  However, indulge me a bit while I complain about my 32nd birthday. 

Birthdays get a bit ho hum as you get older, so I don't expect a lot.  However, this birthday probably goes down in history as my worst.  I'm going to blame this one on Hurricane Isaac, the massive category 0.25 hurricane that made landfall in Plaquemines Parish Louisiana on Tuesday August 28.  This story had all of Hattiesburg in a tizzy, making preparations for power outages and possibly water outages.

I was set to get on a plane first thing on Tuesday morning to go to Duluth Minnesota and I couldn't decide if that was a wise decision.  I worried about leaving Forrest alone with the kids to weather the storm.  So all day on Monday, I worried and worried and worried.  I just couldn't make up my mind.  Ultimately, I decided to keep my business trip so I missed the hurricane.

USM was closed down half the day on Tuesday and all day Wednesday, which schedule was mirrored by our day care, so Forrest stayed home with the twins during those times.  Fortunately we just got a lot of rain and strong winds.  We never even lost power at the home.  Awesome,!

Plus, on Thursday afternoon when I was all set to fly back home, my flight landed in Jackson on schedule.  I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to make it home. 

Oh, and for my birthday my wonderful hubby bought me flowers and a sweet bike!  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment