Monday, July 23, 2012

Learning to crochet

I remember my grandmother trying to teach me to crochet when I was a little girl.  I'd like to say she was a bad teacher, but I think likely I was just an unwilling student because I never could get the hang of it.

Fast forward to the summer of 2011 when I got a hankering to make a baby blanket.  My mother picked up where Grandma left off and I learned to crochet.  I'm not very advanced yet.  All I can do is make blankets, but for now that's good enough for me.  My girlfriend Jennifer makes the prettiest crocheted flowers for use as hairbows.  Maybe someday I'll take my skills up a notch.

This morning Olivia got into my crochet yarn.  She made a big mess and I never could untangle the yarn, but she had so much fun playing with it that it was worth it.






2 comments:

  1. Whoa, Olivia! That's a lot of expressiveness in one post!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make wonderful baby blankets! Kayla says so :) And Olivia just looks like she's having an absolute blast! Obviously these kids don't need toys when they have mischief to get into!

    ReplyDelete