These two have been to the beach a few times before, but only to "see" it. They've taken walks on the beach (read: been carried) but have never really experienced the beach before yesterday.
Dun and I set out to give them their first beach experience and we did not disappoint! At first we sat them both down at the edge of the surf. Carter seemed cool with it but Olivia fussed and fussed, so we took them into the water and bobbed around. They then saw the merits of the beach! They delighted in floating around in the waves.
Afterwards I was very sentimental. They will enjoy the beach countless times in their lifetimes just like we have. Today was just the first of many wonderful days ahead. They will play with their cousins at the beach, make new friends there, go with boyfriends/girlfriends, and someday take their kids to the beach. And the best part is that the beach will never change. It's constant. I remember my mother telling stories about swimming at the beach in Italy when she was a little girl. Although it was a different beach, the experience was the same. Sand, sun, waves, and fun.
The 2nd one is my favorite, but I love them all!!
ReplyDelete