Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Creeper Carter

Yesterday Carter got promoted into the Creeper room at school.  To qualify for that room you must be a crawler and I guess perhaps a creeper too.  He started crawling the first week of June, but I think they waited to promote him until Olivia was ready since we had a strong desire to keep them together in the same class.

Six weeks later, Olivia's not crawling and Carter is long overdue for the promotion.  He really steamrolls the babies in the infant room as they aren't mobile and can't really defend themselves.  He literally crawls right over them.  So, we agreed to let him move up to the Creeper Room and leave Liv behind in the Infant Room and it's been wonderful. 

The creepers eat the same foods that the big kids eat and he has been eating "real" food like a champ.  They also have a structured nap time (11:30-1:30) in which all of the kids lie down on mats on the floor and the lights are turned out.  I told his teacher that Carter probably wouldn't stay put on the mat, but she assured me that he would learn and would indeed nap on the mat.  According to her, he has napped both days.

They also learn 4 vocabulary words in that class (5 if you count "no no"): baby, ball, dog, and cat.  So, we are supposed to work with him at home on those words.

He is just so happy in that room with the bigger kids.  The toys are much bigger and more mature and I know he was very bored in the infant room.  He has come home exhausted both days, and I'm told it's because they play hard in that room. 

I'm happy for him, but eager for Olivia to learn to crawl so that she can join her brother in the Creeper Room.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of Carter, and I know Livy's not far behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of Carter too!! Man that is an awful name for a room though..they should rename that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is happening here? I'm so happy about the creeper status…but this post is from JULY 17th…and the past two have had NO pictures!! geez… :)

    ReplyDelete