Morgan really "got" Christmas this year. And by "got" I mean she was very interested and curious about how it all worked. And by "Christmas" I mean, the idea that Santa brings presents. So, one could argue that she didn't really "get" Christmas, but she started to understand at least one small (and not so insignificant to a little kid!) part of it.
On Christmas Eve, Liah made cookies and milk and Morgan made sure they were displayed on the coffee table close to the fireplace so that Santa could have them. Getting her to bed that night was no easy task, as she wanted to keep getting up to see if Santa had come. Finally by about 11:00pm, we verified that Morgan was asleep and Santa got the green light to deliver presents.
On Christmas morning, the first thing Morgan did was to look for the cookies and milk. She saw that there were only crumbs left on the plate, and that the glass of milk was empty. She looked up with wonder at her mom and asked "Is he gone?". I guess she wasn't sure if he was still around the house someplace. Then she looked at all the presents and started jumping up and down and squealing with delight. In true Helms family tradition, there was a glut of presents. Very exciting for a little girl (and big girls too, heehee).
We always open stockings first, and because Morgan was so excited, Liah let Morgan and Caroline open their stockings before everyone was set and ready for Christmas morning to begin. Fortunately I didn't miss it. The first thing Morgan pulled out of her stocking were some Disney princess themed bandaids. After just that one gift she declared "This is the best Christmas ever!" Haha, I guess those bandaids were a better gift than we thought.
I sure do love my Christmas Morgan!
No comments:
Post a Comment