Sunday, December 25, 2011

Babies' first Christmas

Christmas was spent at the lake house, and I can say with certainty that it was the best Christmas I can remember.  Well, I guess that's not entirely true.  I remember Christmas as a young girl.  Those were so wonderful.  My parents always went all out for Christmas, gift wise.  More importantly (not then, but I recognize that it is now), we celebrated the birth of our Savior in the Christmas season.  We had an advent Calendar each year in which we'd count down the days.  I remember one Christmas Eve, before church, sitting down on the couch with Mom and Dad while they read us the Christmas story from Luke's gospel.  And of course, they always took us to church on Christmas Eve.  Very special.

But this Christmas was special because it was the first Christmas with our own little miracles.  Not only did we celebrate the birth of the Christ child, but also the birth of our children.  It was the first Christmas with cousins also, for Carter and Olivia.  Morgan and Caroline were a joy, as we got to watch them open presents and see Christmas through their eyes.  In fact, I have a story about Morgan on Christmas morning that I want to remember forever, but I think I'll make that another post.

Anyways, I guess I don't have any pics of the present opening, but I do have several family pics taken on Christmas Eve before we went to church at Cedar Creek UMC.  It was kind of a crazy portrait session, but I think many of them turned out pretty nice. 


Olivia and Dad:


Morgan trying to prematurely open a gift.  Don't worry, Liah didn't let her.




This is right after Liah removed the present from Morgan's hands.  Hence the tantrum.


Here are the babies, loaded up and ready to go to church.  Grandmommy bought them these adorable Christmas pajamas.




No comments:

Post a Comment