Monday, December 19, 2011

Baptism

This was such a special day.  I tear up just remembering it.  We scheduled the baptism for December 18 at the 11:00 worship service.  This is probably the right post to mention Trinity UMC, our first church home together.  In fairness, we attended Keller UMC for the first year or two of our marriage, but we never really got plugged in there.  At Trinity, we becamse part of the church.  We were active members of the Foundations Sunday School class, which provided us with a fellowship of other Christians who were of a similar age and were at a similar place in their lives.  Some of our best friends came out of that class and I will miss them dearly.  We also participated in the Alpha program there, which I found to be life changing.  Forrest volunteered for a year with the youth group and went on a couple of mission trips with them. I had a small stint in the Esther Circle (a UMW group).  Also, we took a trip with a group from Trinity to Israel in January of 2011.  We made wonderful friends on that trip too. 

Anyways, Trinity was a huge part of our lives in Arlington, and it broke my heart to leave shortly after the babies were born.  It was important to get them baptized at that church, by the pastors who we loved and in front of the congregation that had become our family. 

Here are pics.  Dr. Scott Youngblood (Senior Pastor and the organizer of our Israel trip) performed the baptism and Pastor Scott Heusel (Youth director and honorary member of our Sunday School class) assisted.  Also, you'll see our good friends Kelly and Melina Wouters in the pics too.  They prayed for us while we were trying to conceive the babies and then through the whole pregnancy.  They are true brothers and sisters in Christ.  Also pictured is their baby Luke, who was born in June.  Ok, on to the pics:











Afterwards, our whole family came to our house to enjoy lunch.  Forrest and I brought in Olive Garden, and it was a hit.  Carter and Olivia also got several gifts on that day.  We are so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is all about C & O, but girrrrl, you look STUNNING in the pic of the 4 of you!!

    ReplyDelete