We took a last minute trip to Biloxi for the holiday. Normally we would go back to Texas for a long weekend, but the drive is getting harder for us and we decided to stay closer to home this time. It was a nice little beach trip with our little family of four.
The kids loved our balcony. I thought it was pretty neat too. :-)
Low tide was in the evening. About 25 extra yards of beach emerged during low tides. You can see a family out on the newly exposed portion of the beach.
On Sunday night, we went to Shaggy's for dinner. This place was a tourist trap and was right on the beach. We were told we'd have to wait for 40 minutes. An hour and 15 minutes later, our table was ready. The kids were entertained by running around the deck, but by the time we were finally seated, it was already past their bedtime (not to mention their dinner time!) and they were starting to get grouchy.
After the long wait and the fussy children, Forrest and I indulged in some fancy margaritas.
Would you believe that in this tourist trap, the food was excellent? It absolutely was! We each got fried shrimp and it was some of the best I've ever had. I think I'll take my family there.
No comments:
Post a Comment