Friday, May 3, 2013

Pizza Hut

First beach trip of the summer!  We picked a great weekend.  It was warm and dry while we were there.

Wait, that's not this post.  Well, it sort of is.  On our way to the beach we stopped at a Pizza Hut with a dining room in Higgins.

Want to step aside with me while we discuss Pizza Hut's with dining rooms?  I love those.  Most Pizza Hut stores are turning in to Domino's stores.  No seating - just a counter where you pick up your pizza.  Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but I used to love eating in the dining room of a pizza place.  It was a treat when I was a kid.  My mom used to take us when we had good report cards because Pizza Hut would give a free personal pizza to a kid with straight A's.  I loved eating in the booth beneath those old lamps that I can't even describe.  They're just old lamps that hung over each table.  Now you can only find dining rooms in Pizza Huts that are in small towns.  Sigh....relics of a bygone era.  It was a Friday night around 6:30 and we were the only ones eating pizza in the dining room, so maybe there's a reason why more and more stores are ditching their dining rooms.  To me, it's a sad thing.

Anyways - on to the pizza!  Forrest convinced me to get a stuffed crust pizza, which I never really like but I obliged him because he loves cheese.  The kids liked it too.  We also treated them to some Hawaiian Punch.  Carter chugged it like it was an Old Milwaukee.







1 comment:

  1. Yes! Love Pizza Hut dining rooms - I always went with the "Book-IT" program growing up. Many in the NE still have the dining room - I hop those aren't going away :(

    ReplyDelete