Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

Our first Christmas in Mississippi was peaceful, fun, and so special.  We spent Christmas with just our family of four.  The Wieds and the O'Neals both spent it with their inlaws, so Mom and Dad instructed us to stay put and they took their own staycation over Christmas.  I understand that they saw a movie every day on Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.  They also spent a night at the Gaylord Texas and had Christmas dinner with their friends.  But, this post is about Christmas Even with my little family of four, so I'll get to that.

Forrest planned a big Christmas dinner, which included turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and asparagus.  Actually, that's what I planned.  He found that to be too spare so he also made green beans, fresh cranberry salad, rolls, and two pies (one pumpkin and one pecan).  We shopped for the goods on Sunday and couldn't wait until Christmas Day to enjoy it.

In fact, we really couldn't wait, so we moved our Christmas feast up to Christmas Eve.  You can be flexible like that when you're only trying to suit four people (two of whom don't get a vote yet).  So, Forrest labored most of the day in the kitchen and we enjoyed a late lunch fit for a king.

We also really looked forward to our church's "family" Christmas Eve service.  It was a wonderful time and I think the kids really enjoyed it.  They even had a photo booth set up for us to take pictures.  So fun!


I took these pics right before the service started.  I love the twins' Christmas outfits!  Also, you will notice that they each have tiny finger flashlights.  That's the "candle" part of the Candlelight Christmas Eve Service.






2 comments: