Saturday, December 22, 2012

Weekend away

December has kind of flown by.  I did a lot of travelling this month, including a trip up to Omaha for my company's annual Christmas party.  I would have enjoyed Forrest attending with me, but that would have required finding someone to take care of our kids.  We had a vacation planned for the following weekend for which Grandmommie had agreed to take care of the kids, so Forrest stayed behind for the Omaha trip.

Our vacation was a trip to Jackson Hole for two days of skiing.  We drove to Texas on Wednesday night and then started our vacation Thursday morning.  This post isn't about Jackson Hole.  That's the next post.  This post is titled "Weekend away" because that's exactly what it was for our twins.  It was a weekend away from home and Mom and Dad!
My mother and father had a wonderful time with our kids.  From the sounds of it, I don't think Carter and Olivia missed us at all!  They are so lucky to have grandparents they love so much.  My mom took care of them all by herself on Thursday and Friday, as my dad was working.  I worried she'd get overworked or feel a little stir crazy being out at the lake with only the twins, but it sounds like she managed just fine.

Our backyard is just full of leaves.  Somehow Olivia found this cesspool of old (and cold!) water and leaves, and Grandmommie let her climb right on in.  It looks like she enjoyed it! 





Grandmommie sent me these pics to show me their snack time.  They snacked on thin mints.  Another first for my twinnies!




She sent this pic after bathtime one night.  The pajamas I sent for Carter were getting a little snug, so they dug through Morgan's old clothes and found these pajamas in size 18 months for him.  They aren't that much roomier than his 12 month ones (maybe I just have a big boy!).


Thanks so much for the great care Grandmommie and Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment