Grandmommy gave me this genius little toy made by Baby Einstein. I got it at one of my showers and she assured me that the twins would love it. She was right - it's been a favorite since the start.
Anything that lights up or makes noise is a hit. However, not only does this toy do both of those things, it is also small enough, light enough, and plastic enough to put in their mouths. For anyone doing the math - those things add up to the perfect toy.
The problem is, there's only one of them and it is the favorite of both babies.
The pics below were taken right after their first fight. I didn't know that I'd want to document the event in pictures until after the fight occured (of course) so there aren't any angst pics (and that's just too bad!). But still, it sets the scene.
Carter was dominating the toy. After he played with it for a few minutes, I took it away and gave it to Olivia. Olivia had barely gotten it into her mouth when Carter reached up and pulled it away. Olivia immediately screamed and reached for it, but she couldn't reach. Then she looked at me, as if pleading for me to rectify the situation. I sense this is the first of many fights.
However, when I retold this story to a friend, she declared "If they'll fight WITH each other, they'll fight FOR each other." I hope that's true. :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment