Dear Liv and Carter,
When your cousin, Morgan was born, Liah heard the song "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis on the drive home from the hospital. Ever since then, she has thought of that as Morgan's song. You also have songs.
Carter - Your song is "Good Life" by OneRepublic. You stayed in the NICU for 8 days before you came home to us (your "forever home" as I like to think of it, but we all know that's not really true, it's your home "for now"). On Day 7, the NICU nurses told us that you'd be released the next day so we would do a "room in" with you that night. So, Dad and I packed our overnight bags and checked in to the hospital to spend the night with you in a hospital room. The night went pretty well and the next morning we just waited for the nurses to send us all home. While we were waiting, I held you and watched TV. There was a commercial for Disney World vacations and the music in that commercial was "Good Life". The song was pretty popular the month you were born, and hearing the words at that moment while holding you in my arms brought tears to my eyes. I knew then and there that every time I heard that song I would think of you and the good life you had ahead of you.
Olivia - Your song is "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes. You came home from the hospital two days after Carter did. After I had found Carter's song, I was on the hunt for yours too. I told Aunt Ellie about Carter's song and about how I was looking for one for you. She called me back later that day saying she had found it - Stereo Hearts. It's a funny song and was very popular the month you were born. The lyrics are pretty lighthearted but I found them to be appropriate to my feelings for you. Also, there's a part in the chorus where they sing "O, O, O, O, O, O, O" which is the first letter of your name, so that became your song. Although Carter's song makes me cry, your song makes me smile and laugh.
Here are the chorus lyrics to your songs. I know these songs are uncool to you now, which is ok. I love them and always will because, to me, they are your songs.
Good Life by OneRepublic
Oh, this has gotta be the good life
This has gotta be the good life
This could really be a good life, good life
I say, "Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight"
Like this city is on fire tonight
This could really be a good life, a good, good life
Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes
My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
So sing along to my stereo
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh, to my stereo
Oh oh oh oh, so sing along to my stereo
Do I know this "stereo" song? I don't think I do. Gosh, I need to turn on the radio more!!
ReplyDelete