Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One wild weekend

Bop Bop and Uncle Matt came for a visit.  Uncle Matt hasn't seen the twins since their first month of life so it was nice watching them interact.  It was wild for a few reasons.

1. Olivia was sick.  She had one of the worst days of her life on Saturday and acted truly miserable.  I hated that Uncle Matt and Bop Bop didn't get to see Olivia at her finest, but that's just how it goes I guess.  I took her to the doctor on Sunday afternoon and she had an ear infection.  Poor girl.  She responded really well to the antibiotics though.

2. An EF-4 tornado hit Hattiesburg on Sunday night while our company was still there.  Uncle Matt and I were both at yoga so we missed most of the action.  The tornado came very close to our house.  Forrest saw it out the front door and was able to get the two kids and Bop Bop into our closet.  Fortunately the tornado missed our house but it did knock out the power for about 3 hours. 

3. Bop Bop seemed to have a pretty good weekend in terms of his mental state.  He's started showing signs of Alzheimer's, which is why Matt was in town in the first place.  He came for a month to stay with Bop Bop and take care of him.  He definitely exhibited a terrible short term memory (asked me 3 times if we had remodelled our house, and then asked Forrest as well) but all in all he seemed pretty with it.  Unfortunately, right before they left on Monday morning, he admitted that he didn't know who I was.  It's very sad for Forrest and his family to see Bop Bop deteriorate.

Unfortunately the only pic I got of him with the kids was during a WalMart run he and I made with Carter.


Another activity was putting together a playhouse for the kids.  Grandmommie and Pops gave us some money for Christmas that they wanted us to spend on the twins so we bought this fantastic playhouse.  I took these pics of Carter exploring the new toy right after Forrest finished putting it together.  Poor Olivia was too sick to play that day.

Also, of note, it took Forrest about twice as long to assemble it as it should have.  Carter wanted to help every step of the way.  Forrest obliged all of it.  It really warmed my heart to see how patient he was with Carter.  He knew that Carter just wanted to help and participate.

Here are the fruits of their labor!




No comments:

Post a Comment